Allen Teachers of the Year to Spend Summer in a Lexus

It’s the breakfast we look forward to all year- the Allen ISD Superintendent’s Recognition Breakfast honoring the district’s teachers and retirees. Excitement filled the room as teachers from across the district gathered to congratulate and celebrate their colleagues, and share well wishes with the teachers who will retire once the school year comes to a close.

More than a dozen teachers were recognized as teachers of the year at their schools, but there are only two District Teachers of the Year. Jennifer Clements- Spanish teacher at Allen High School and Amanda Perkins- 3rd Grade teacher at Cheatham Elementary are this year’s Allen ISD Teachers of the Year.

IMG_6327e
(L to R) Amanda Perkins- 3rd Grade teacher at Cheatham Elementary; Chris Brunner- General Manager Park Place Lexus Plano; Jennifer Clements- Spanish teacher at Allen High School

The winners received a variety of gifts, along with the favorite prize amongst teachers year after year- a summer in a Lexus courtesy of Park Place Lexus Plano.

Jennifer and Amanda didn’t waste any time. They arrived together early Saturday morning to pick up their cars. Little did they know they picked matching cars…2016 Lexus RC 350.

IMG_6367e

IMG_6380e
Jennifer Clements

IMG_6387e
Amanda Perkins

Park Place Lexus Plano is proud to support Allen ISD. Each year, two lucky Teacher of the Year winners from each district get to spend a summer in a Lexus, attend a Texas Rangers game, and spend the day at the Dallas Arboretum all courtesy of Park Place Lexus Plano.

Check back for Jennifer and Amanda’s Summer in a Lexus adventures.

2016 Plano ISD Experts in Excellence

Plano Senior High School Math teacher Bryan Yee has a fun summer to look forward to. Fresh from his Teacher of the Year win, Mr. Yee arrived to Park Place Lexus in Plano with his family on a sunny Friday afternoon, to pick-up his Lexus for the summer.

IMG_6357e

Park Place Lexus Plano is proud to support Plano ISD and provides a brand new Lexus for the Teacher of the Year winners to enjoy during the summer vacation.

IMG_6351e
Mr. Yee with New Car Sales Manager Doug Klein

The all-new 2016 Lexus RX 350 was Mr. Yee’s Lexus of choice, a decision that was clearly approved by the “oohs” and “that’s cool, dad”  from his two sons once they saw the SUV.

IMG_6355e

Mr. Yee isn’t the only Plano ISD Teacher of the Year winner. Park Place Lexus Plano was at the awards banquet where Erika Manning of Weatherford Elementary School (Erika Manning- Plano ISD Teacher of the Year Profile) and Bryan Yee of Plano Senior High School (Bryan Yee- Plano ISD Teacher of the Year Profile) took home the evening’s top honor.

Plano TOTYs on stage
(Photo Credit: Plano ISD)

Patrick & Chris

General Manager Chris Brunner (R) and Lead New Car Sales Manager, Patrick Jaccar (L) were on hand to congratulate the winners and present the “Summer in a Lexus” prize-pack, which also includes Texas Rangers tickets and Dallas Arboretum passes.

Park Place Dealerships would like to thank all the teachers for their selfless dedication and contribution to the community.

Plano TOTY RX

Plano TOTY ES

Lexus’ L/Certified Best Overall Luxury CPO Program for 2016

Lexus’ L/Certified (Certified Pre-Owned) Program won top honors from Autotrader. The magazine recognized L/Certified as the best overall CPO program in the industry! “Among luxury automakers, Lexus’s CPO program “L/Certified” won top honors primarily due to its excellent warranty along with other alluring benefits. L/Certified offers limited bumper-to-bumper coverage for up to six years and unlimited mileage from the vehicle’s original sale date—a risky proposition, but one that shows the brand is willing to firmly stand behind its vehicles. Lexus’s program boasts no deductible for covered repairs, meaning that owners won’t have to pay a penny if their cars suffer a warranty claim. Icing on the cake is the fact that Lexus’s program touts complimentary maintenance covering the next four factory-recommended services for two years or 20,000 miles¬—a small benefit, but one that’s certainly worth mentioning.”

LCertified_OOH

Certified pre-owned (CPO) vehicles are typically late-model, low-mileage vehicles that come with a host of perks like manufacturer-backed warranties, roadside assistance and more. While nearly every manufacturer offers a CPO program, the terms and benefits vary greatly. To make it easy for car shoppers to discover which CPO programs stand out, the experts at Autotrader® analyzed all brands’ CPO terms and selected the 10 best luxury and 10 best non-luxury CPO programs, with one overall winner and nine honorable mentions in each category. For 2016, Autotrader selected Lexus as the winner for Best CPO Program in the luxury category.

The number one benefit of any CPO program is the warranty, so we decided that the length of warranty should be the top criteria when choosing this year’s Best CPO Programs,” said Brian Moody, executive editor at Autotrader.

CPO vehicles offer many of the same benefits of a new car without the higher price tag and steep depreciation. Each vehicle undergoes an extensive inspection defined by the manufacturer and must meet a variety of guidelines from age to mileage. Once certified, these vehicles come with a manufacturer-backed warranty, giving buyers the confidence they desire when purchasing a pre-owned vehicle. In fact, 64 percent of shoppers say that the certification process and warranty give them peace of mind.

LEARN MORE ABOUT LEXUS L/CERTIFIED HERE

SEE AVAILABLE LEXUS L/CERTIFIED VEHICLES HERE

For more information about Lexus L/Certified or other Pre-Owned vehicles, please contact:

Chris Collins, Pre-Owned Sales Director at Park Place Lexus Plano at  972-407-7025 or CCollins@10.2.54.33

Juan Puentes, Pre-Owned Sales Director at Park Place Lexus Grapevine at 817-416-3308 or JPuentes@10.2.54.33

Park Place Jaguar Land Rover Coming Soon to Grapevine

We are thrilled to finally let the cat out of the bag and announce our latest addition to the Park Place Dealerships family. A new Jaguar Land Rover dealership is coming to Grapevine. Expected to open in spring 2017, the dealership will sit on eight acres on the south side of Highway 114 near Texan Trail Parkway. The Grapevine location will be the new home of Jaguar Plano with the addition of the Land Rover brand to our portfolio.

We currently have two dealerships, as well as a body shop in Grapevine,” said Ken Schnitzer, chairman of Park Place Dealerships. “Building a Jaguar Land Rover dealership in Northeast Tarrant County is a natural extension for our company as this market continues to grow. Jaguar has just introduced the new XE and F-PACE, the first SUV in the brand’s history. Land Rover is an iconic brand that introduced the first luxury SUV in the world and has a tremendous following.”

Park Place continues to invest in building facilities that are client friendly, energy efficient, and designed with its clients and employees in mind. Each dealership showcases Park Place’s distinctive style in a warm, inviting environment. The new Park Place Jaguar Land Rover will feature a two-story, LEED-certified facility.  The shop will include 30 service bays and 12 make ready bays. The showroom can accommodate up to 12 new Jaguar and Land Rover vehicles. A nine-car service drive and 2,800 square foot carwash will round out the areas dedicated to serving a client’s needs.

Northeast Tarrant County is a great community to do business and with the opening of Jaguar Land Rover, Park Place will have a larger footprint to serve our growing client base,” said Gary Venner, president of Park Place Dealerships. “I have been fortunate to live and work in this community for more than 30 years. It is an honor to work for a company that stands for integrity, respect and excellence and to serve the clients who become a part of our Park Place family.”

The Park Place brand has become synonymous with offering clients a high quality ownership experience. The company continues to be recognized locally and nationally with top honors for its customer service, sales, and excellent processes.

Park Place Jaguar Plano has been named a recipient of the 2016 Pride of Jaguar Retailer Excellence five years in a row. Sixteen of the 162 Jaguar dealers across the United Stated were selected based upon being top performers in three core business categories; customer advocacy, sales and business excellence.  Out of the 16, only one Jaguar retailer is awarded the esteemed Marque of Distinction title for being the top retailer for its brand. Jaguar Plano is proud to have earned the Marque of Distinction as the #1 Jaguar dealership in the country three years in a row.

During the construction phase that will begin immediately, the dealership is expected to create 1,000 jobs. Upon opening, Park Place will add new sales and service positions to the dealership. Currently, there are 48 employees at Jaguar Plano.

Texas-based Good, Fulton & Farrell has been named the architectural firm for the project.  Hill & Wilkinson has been selected as the general contractor.

Meet the Man Behind the Wheel of Park Place Lexus Grapevine

Matt Woolsey

Imagine starting your first job. You’re the proud recipient of a Business Economics degree from UT Austin. You start working for a small insurance firm, and the company goes bankrupt 4-months into your new career. Not many would call it their lucky break, but for Matt Woolsey it actually was.

Today, Matt Woolsey is the General Manager of Park Place Lexus Grapevine. Eighteen-years ago he shifted gears and fate set him on a new career path with Park Place.

DSC_0190E

Matt started working in Pre-Owned Sales at Park Place Motorcars Mid-Cities (currently Park Place Motorcars Grapevine), then transitioned to New Car Sales and hasn’t looked back since. He loved the fast pace of the car business. “I enjoy the camaraderie of the teams having fun and working together to take care of clients and exceed monthly goals.”

After two-years of exceeding numerous monthly goals, Matt moved into sales management and eventually F&I before being named General Manager of Park Place Motorcars Mid-Cities (currently Park Place Motorcars Grapevine).

Matt eventually moved to Park Place Lexus.  After a few years of being General Sales Manager, he was named General Manager at Park Place Lexus Grapevine, the first automotive dealer to win the prestigious Malcolm Baldridge National Quality Award.
And the awards have not stopped coming. Park Place Lexus Grapevine just won the 2015 Elite of Lexus award for the 16th year in a row. [Elite of Lexus is awarded to Dealers who excel at sales, service and overall owner support. Winners are selected based on customer feedback from surveys rating owner satisfaction, sales and service as extremely exceptional, as well as the dealership exceeding rigorous Lexus operational and certification standards.]

Matt brings an inspirational, competitive, and collaborative leadership to the team, and always stays engaged. It works for his team and the dealership as it provides open and honest communication.  His one piece of advice for new members is “Invest in yourself. Commit to yourself and to your team. The grass is greener where you fertilize it. Your future is up to YOU!”
No stranger to the Grapevine and Southlake-Carroll community, Matt and his team are proud to give back.  Growing up in Southlake, Matt attended Carroll High School. “I’m now the proud father of two Carroll Dragons. I’m excited to see not only how much growth has taken place here, but look forward to seeing where Southlake will be three or four decades from now.”

DSC_0599

Park Place Lexus Grapevine is a proud supporter of the Southlake-Carroll Teacher of the Year awards. Each year, two Teachers of the Year from the district get to enjoy a Summer in a Lexus, as well as tickets to a Texas Rangers game and other fun gifts, all courtesy of Park Place Lexus Grapevine.

11270563_10153269322321648_3702294609016791848_o

Confucius says ‘Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.’ I can’t imagine another industry being any more fun than this,” says Matt. “Add that Park Place Dealerships truly cares about its clients and its members, and you have the support of a phenomenal company in a truly exciting industry, meeting some of the most interesting and successful clients in our market.”

Meet the Man Behind the Money of Park Place Dealerships

You never know where your success story will begin, but it always begins with taking a chance. Whether you take a chance and reach for the stars or someone takes a chance on you, oftentimes these chances are handsomely rewarded. Such was the case for Rick Stone, Chief Financial Officer of Park Place Dealerships.
After graduating from Stephen F. Austin University with a degree in Finance, Rick was working as an Accounting Clerk for the City of Nacogdoches when a recruiter who believed in Rick and a twist of fate came together with an opportunity of a lifetime, although at the time it may not have seemed like it.

A recruiter I worked with presented me for a job that I was not qualified to hold,” said Stone. “Thankfully the Schnitzer family took a risk on me and put me in an analyst position for the dealership investments.”

After about 3 years, Rick moved to Dallas to work directly with Mr. Ken Schnitzer- Chairman and Owner of Park Place Dealerships. Rick worked on special projects such as acquisitions, financial analysis, real estate and more. Rick took to his new role with tremendous success and saw the challenges as opportunities. In 2007, he led the effort to bring construction management in-house to improve controls and accountability on real estate construction projects.

Rick Stone2016

In 2015, Rick was promoted to the role of Chief Financial Officer as his predecessor retired. “CFO is the first official title I have ever had with this organization.” During his first two weeks as CFO, Rick made it a point to meet his team face-to-face, although they are dispersed all over DFW as well as Nevada. “In those meetings, one of the common threads in our discussions was the fact that I was there to serve them and not the other way around,” said Rick, “My leadership style is fearless servant, and it works because it’s real. I take the time to know and recognize everyone by their first name or send a quick note of encouragement. They see me every day putting 150% effort right there with them, and they see that I’m not perfect, that I have a sense of humor, and over the past year it has fostered an environment where we support, encourage and edify each other. We laugh together, we cry together, and we battle together. In order to serve others it’s important to establish rapport and get to know the team, because without that rapport they will not seek your service.”

The fearless part of his leadership comes into play by being willing to step out on the thin limbs for his team and for implementing changes, and some may be somewhat unconventional for the industry, to put Park Place in position for greater success. ” It’s [car business] actually a fairly complex business and I thrive on being challenged.”

The fearless factor flows into Rick’s personal life as well. Before he was pouring over financials, he enjoyed pouring his heart out with a good ballad as the lead singer of several hair-metal cover bands during his high-school years. Just recently, he was cast as Mr. Bradley in a production of “Best Christmas Pageant Ever.” FullSizeRender (11)

Family fun includes coaching his sons’ baseball teams for the last 10 years, trips to the beach and tending to a cause close to his heart- youth theatre. “Sounds crazy, I know,” said Rick, “But I’ve seen the confidence in my own kids and in others through performing on stage. In today’s world there are so many ways our youth gets beaten down and discouraged; therefore, it has been refreshing to find an activity that has consistently built them up. The youth is our future and it is incumbent upon all of us to put our youth in position to succeed.”

Best Christmas Pageant Ever-Rick Stone

RS Gator baseball

RS Baseball Flying Squirrels team

Whether coaching a baseball team or supporting the accounting team at Park Place, working behind the scenes doesn’t present much room for recognition, however to Rick it’s not the trophies or the plaques that motivate him to work harder. “Seeing a deal get closed or a member grow and develop is what really drives me.

Scenic Stroll Through Dallas Blooms

It’s our favorite time of the year! Dallas Blooms is in full swing once again at the Dallas Arboretum. From great scenery and statues of great contributors to great luxury SUVs, there’s plenty to see and do. Park Place Dealerships is the exclusive automotive sponsor of the annual event and we added some of our favorite models from Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, and Volvo to the Dallas Blooms mix.

Warm welcome! Visitors are greeted by this gorgeous grey Mercedes-Benz GLC300, which also provides for a fun photo-op.

MB GLC Arboretum

Perched among the fragrant flowers, not far from the entrance, is a picture-perfect white Porsche Cayenne S E-Hybrid.

Porsche Cayenne Hybrid-Arboretum

A Swedish model is making Cool Thursday Concerts a lot cooler. Be sure to check out the 2016 Volvo XC60 greeting visitors on the lawn.

Volvo Arboretum

This year’s theme, “The Artistry in Nature” includes life-size sculptures of great contributors such as Benjamin Franklin, and William Shakespeare relaxing on benches or in garden-setting throughout the Dallas Arboretum. Whether to take a selfie, or take in the views, guests are invited to have a seat on the bench along with the great contributors. The bronze sculptures are works of renowned sculptor Gary Lee Price.

Dallas Blooms runs through Sunday, April 10th.

Meet the Man Behind the Wheel of Park Place Motorcars Fort Worth

Passion for cars took him from the East coast to the West, until an opportunity landed George Johnson deep in the heart of Texas. Although he took the scenic route getting here, he’s finally home in DFW and settled into his role as the General Manager of Park Place Motorcars Fort-Worth.

USE 1

George got into car sales after college at State University of New York at Albany. The industry’s high-energy and a lucrative paycheck sparked his interest. “I needed a job, so I decided to sell cars ‘till I found a real job,” said Johnson.

But what exactly determines a ‘real job’? George worked hard in sales; it was as real as it gets to him, being fresh out of college, getting a taste of the real world. He fell in love with the business almost immediately. The excitement of helping people realize their dreams, the high-energy and fast pace coupled with unlimited potential for success; the sky was the limit and George seized on the opportunities provided. All the hard work eventually translated to career growth and recognition.

Fast and furious is one way to describe the ‘80s for George. His career blossomed in the 10-years he spent working with a dealer group in New York, where he moved up quickly from sales to management. Years later, a move to Northern California provided growth and further success on a career path that was initially deemed a ‘not so real’ job. George got the attention of a dealership group in Redwood City, California that offered him the position of a General Sales Manager. In this position, he represented 5 different brands for the dealer group. No small undertaking, to say the least.

Fifteen years in the San Francisco Bay area set George on a path that eventually brought him to Park Place. In 2006, George Johnson took over the helm as General Manager at Park Place Motorcars Fort-Worth. “It was the prestige brands, the trajectory of the company, and the leadership that made me want to work for Park Place.”

USE 3

George’s leadership style has evolved over the years, “We let the managers run their department and I continue to support them and guide them. It allows them to grow and learn. I will always pitch in to help, work alongside and guide them, but they take full responsibility for their actions. There are no walls between departments, everyone works as a team to support one another and in turn we are able to provide an extraordinary client experience.”

This is evident in the accolades that continue to pour in for George and his team. Mercedes-Benz recognized Park Place Motorcars Fort Worth with the prestigious “Best of the Best” award 7 of the last 9 years. [The Best of the Best award is awarded annually to the top performing Mercedes-Benz dealerships for demonstrating superior performance in customer satisfaction and across all departments.] The dealership was also ranked one of top 7 in the nation in 2015 Service Customer Satisfaction Index.

Community involvement and giving back to the community is also top priority for George and his team at Park Place Motorcars Fort Worth. Just recently he challenged the members (employees) to donate canned-goods for charity and he would personally match their donations. At the time there were only a handful of donations but the team rallied beyond anyone’s expectations! True to his word, a trip to Wal-Mart and $900 later, they donated nearly 2- tons of food to the Tarrant Area Food Bank. [Read the story here: Friendly Competition Benefits Tarrant Area Food Bank].

canned food drive 001

Several causes are especially near and dear to his heart, including Jewell Charities and several cancer related charities. “I love my kids more than anything so being able to help [Jewell Charities] means a lot to me and our team. And cancer affects so many lives each year; most people we know have had some kind of exposure.”

Park Place Motorcars Fort Worth has donated over $750,000 to Cowtown Ball Charities and cancer research in the last 10 years.

At the end of the day, “This is a very rewarding business,” said George, “There’s plenty of opportunity and Park Place Dealerships is, by a mile, the best Automotive Group I have experienced in my 33 years in this business.”

At Park Place, our success has been built upon our continuous commitment to client service excellence. We strive to achieve the very best for our clients and exceed expectations in the showroom, on the service drive, and in the community. In the communities where we work and live, Park Place continuously gives of its time and resources for the betterment of our neighbors. Whether it is a blood drive in a time of need or the sponsorship of a local charity event, we stand behind our communities.

When he’s not hard at work at the helm of the “Best of the Best” Mercedes-Benz dealership, George enjoys spending time with his family. Sightseeing around the world, skiing, and fishing help him unwind and reenergize. Golf, gym, and “Game of Thrones” are also at the top of the list.

Meet the Man Behind the Wheel of Park Place Motorcars Grapevine

Vince Lombardi said it best, “Individual commitment to a group effort – that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.” Working together as a team is paramount for Robert Hinkle, General Manager of Park Place Motorcars Grapevine.

Starting his career as an Accountant, Robert eventually got tired of sitting behind a desk and set his sights on the car-business.  A friend, who was already working for Park Place, talked highly about the company, the atmosphere and the culture at Park Place Dealerships.

I really liked the idea of running my own business, so to speak,” said Hinkle. “When you are selling cars everything is up to you.”

Robert joined Park Place in 2000 as a pre-owned sales consultant at Park Place Motorcars Bedford (which later relocated to Grapevine).

In September 2002, he was promoted to Finance Business Manager and then promoted to pre-owned sales director in July 2003. Hinkle has been general manager of Park Place Motorcars Grapevine since 2007. Being at the helm of one of the top Mercedes-Benz stores in the nation for nearly a decade, he continuously strives to strengthen and empower his team to achieve excellence.

I do have high expectations, but I would never ask something of a member (employee) that I would not be willing to do myself,” said Hinkle. “I’m a firm believer if you do the right thing consistently, you will always succeed and opportunities will come your way.”

12375328_10153673018131648_5766447788993316316_o

There are many moving pieces in car sales; from sales, to service, to greeters, to porters, all of which are equally important and all are part of a single unit working together toward the same common goal- they’re the Park Place Motorcars Grapevine TEAM.

I have always compared it [car sales] to team sports. The practice time, dedication, and sweat it takes to have a winning team is not easy but very rewarding,” said Hinkle.

Robert’s dedication to his team, customer service, and Park Place is evident in the various awards and accolades. He has twice received a Gold Achievement Salesman of the Year Award, has been ranked top ten in the nation for pre-owned Sales for Mercedes-Benz, and  Park Place Motorcars Grapevine has been named “Best of the Best” by Mercedes-Benz numerous times.

Outside all things cars, Robert enjoys spending time with his family and fishing. He’s also passionate about pet adoption. “It breaks my heart to see the way these animals are abused and neglected,” says Robert. “Please adopt a pet.”

For 2016, Robert’s focus remains on his Park Place Motorcars Grapevine team. “I would like to see us all return to what got us here and that is all the departments working very closely and as a strong TEAM. Taking care of each other and providing the best client experience possible.”

Park Place Dealerships Entrepreneurs’ Lecture Series Kicks Off

The Fort Worth and Dallas chapters of Entrepreneurs’ Organization (EO), a global, peer-to-peer network, recently teamed up to kick off its 2016 Entrepreneurs’ Lecture Series at AT&T Stadium. Park Place Dealerships has been the title sponsor of the lecture series in Dallas for the past four years and has become the title sponsor in Fort Worth this past year. Retired United States Air Force pilot Rob Shallenberger was the guest speaker who shared his experiences as an F-16 pilot and challenged the guests to create a flight plan for life.

2016EO_0083.jpg
Pictured left to right: Don Lamont, President of the Fort Worth EO chapter; Rob Sumner, Director of Marketing for Park Place Dealerships; and Stephen LaMure, President EO Dallas.

Following the presentation, the 150 guests were treated to a self-guided tour of the Dallas Cowboys locker room and the opportunity to kick a field goal on the field. The group had a great time networking and sharpening their skills, but at the end of the evening determined Dallas Cowboys place kicker Dan Bailey had nothing to worry about for challengers in the upcoming season.

Ken Schnitzer founded Park Place Dealerships in 1987 with a single Mercedes-Benz dealership on Oak Lawn in Dallas. Today, Park Place operates 18 full-service dealerships representing the top luxury brands.