The largest and most luxurious SUV in the Mercedes-Benz line-up has raised the bar- again. Noted as the S-Class of SUVs the new GLS will come in around a $75,200, and sport the latest in intuitive Mercedes-Benz technology.
Progressive Interior Design
The new GLS includes various seating customizations, including a 6-person option with Captain’s Chairs. Clients also have the choice between a three-seat rear bench seat or two individual seats with armrests in the second row depending on your own wants and needs. Each seating row is fully electric and adjustable to increase the already generous amount of passenger space.
The steering wheel is “new generation” with Touch Control Buttons, two grab handles, a widescreen dual 12.3″ Digital Instrument Cluster, 64-color Ambient Lighting, and a 12.3″ multimedia display. Past packages including the Premium Package, Lighting Package, and the Parking Assist package are now standard on the 2020 GLS.
And of course, the MBUX intuitive experience technology with Intelligent Voice Control, Natural Language Understanding, augmented video for navigation, and the NEW MBUX Interior Assistant which recognizes arm and hand movements to support operating intentions.
The new Intelligent Chassis is the only system of its kind in the market and is another new benchmark for this luxury SUV segment. The E-ACTIVE BODY CONTROL active suspension is paired with the 48-volt technology for outstanding suspension comfort, agile handling, and off-road capability.
Equipment Highlights- Standard
- 3.0L Inline-6 turbo engine with EQ Boost for smoother acceleration and increased efficiency
- 7-seat configuration or 6-seat configuration with Captain’s Chairs
- LED Intelligent Light System
- Revolutionary MBUX User Interface with Voice Control and Natural Language Understanding
- MB Navigation
- 12.3″ Digital Instrument Cluster
- 12.3″ Media Display with Touchscreen
- Touchpad in center console
- 64-color ambient lighting and illuminated door sills
- Heated front seats
- Active Parking Assist with Surround View
- Blind Spot Assist
- PRE-SAFE® Sound and PRE-SAFE® Sound
- Active Brake Assist
- Car-to-X Communication
- 9 USB ports and 115V household outlet
- Nappa Leather Multifunction Steering Wheel with Touch Control Buttons
- DYNAMIC SELECT
- Power tilt/sliding sunroof
- Wireless Charging
- Smartphone Integration with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Burmester Surround Sound System
- SiriusXM Radio
- KEYLESS-START and KEYLESS-GO
- AIRMATIC Suspension
- 19″ wheels
- Easy-Pack Tailgate and Load Compartment Cover
Extreme Test Driving of the 2019 GLS:
Imagine what the off-roading capabilities could be in the new 2020 GLS if the outgoing model can handle extreme terrain testing.
The 2020 GLS is expected to be available in the United States by the end of the year. Stay tuned to your Park Place Motorcars dealership for more info as it’s released.