When it comes to choosing your place for hail or collision repair, some carefully worded phrasing and confusing verbiage from an insurance could imply that you do not have the right to choose your repair facility. In an effort to empower our clients through what can sometimes be a frustrating situation (especially in the event of a collision), Park Place BodyWerks will not only provide 100% guaranteed repairs with OEM certified parts and technicians, but our team of experts will guide you through the process and facilitate communication with the insurance company.
TRUE OR FALSE? The repair shop you want is not on the insurance network shop list, so an insurance company can’t guarantee the repairs?”
FALSE. By law, insurance companies cannot tell customers where to go for repairs. The Texas Department of Insurance Bill of Rights lists regulations for auto insurance claims.
Here are 7 things we recommend you consider before choosing your repair facility for your collision and hail repairs:
1. You choose where you want your vehicle towed and repaired. It’s the law.
2. You only need one estimate to determine the amount of damage.
3. Review your car insurance policy especially regarding car rentals.
4. Verify the insurance company pays for all covered repairs.
5. Take care in choosing the right repair shop because your safety depends on it.
6. Insurance companies have deadlines they must follow regarding the claims process
7. Ask questions until you get all of them answered. This is a step toward picking the right body shop.
Choosing a certified collision repair center is your choice. So learn more on how Park Place BodyWerks is here to not only provide top-quality repairs, but also assist you throughout the process with your insurance.