This is actually more than 10 but…you get the point. These are the ten-ish items that are need-to-knows for this year’s park Place Luxury & Supercar Showcase.
Look, But Don’t Touch.
This is our ‘tried and true’ and ‘first and foremost’ tip for anyone attending our event. We will have over 100 Collector’s vehicles on our Collector’s Concours all buffed and beautified for the hopes of winning “Best in Class” and “Best in Show,” so please be considerate when you’re walking the Concours and refrain from touching the vehicles. A few specific “Car Show Etiquette” points include:
- Asking the owner before taking a photo
- Watch your belt buckles, jewelry, handbags etc. so that you don’t accidentally scratch any of the competition cars.
- Be aware of sticky fingers- literally! We have plenty of food and beverage options so please be sure your hands are clean prior to walking our Concours.
- For more etiquette tips, read this blog featuring Hagerty Car Insurance experts.
Plan Your Parking.
Valet? Self-Park? Ride Share? We’ve designed this event to be accessible for even more people this year, which means we expect more attendees than ever before. Our team has been working diligently to ensure easy access to parking including Valet, Self-Park, and a Designated Uber/Lyft/Ride Alto Drop-Off Point. Here a few more FAQs for parking at Supercar.
- Valet Parking is at Champions Way for $30
- General Parking is available at North Lake College for $15
- RideCentric will shuttle guests from the Parking lots to the Champions Way entrance (Shuttle Service Ends at 5 PM).
- Ride Share Pick-up and Drop-Off is recommended at Singley Academy across the street from the Champion’s Way Event Entrance.
Flaunting a Haute Hat? Enter the Haute Hat Contest.
It’s back! After an amazing turnout on the runway for the first-ever Haute Hat Contest at the Park Place Luxury & Supercar Showcase. Handmade, store-bought, and everything in between. Last year brought a mechanical hat dedicated to the Porsche Anniversary, a classic Stetson, and some striking hair pieces with our ladies. So whatever your hat’s origin story is, make sure you officially enter the contest judged by Dallas’ Mad Hatter, Shane Walker. To Enter:
- Meet Shane Walker by the Stage inside the Porsche Pavilion tent from 12:30-1:15.
- After the Highland Park Village Fashion Show at 2, you’ll be next to strut your stuff on stage.
- Grand Prize and Runner Up awards are available for both the Ladies and Gents categories!
Leave your stilettos at home!
(Or don’t because it’s really up to you) but because this a largely outdoor event, we recommend footwear that will help you adjust to the terrain. While we won’t have any steep hills or multi-mile treks (maybe next year?), Highland Park Village provided us with straight-off-the-runway options perfect for a Concours including opting for a block heel instead of a stiletto, and then our favorite, the fashion sneaker, which is a classic and versatile option for all-day comfort and style.
Dress ‘Concours Casual’.
It’s like Derby style meets polished resort wear. With this unique dresscode, we enlisted Highland Park Village to help us define key elements of an on-trend Concours Casual look. “Finding a look that’s sensible given the turf and elements, but also striking, is what the day is all about,” comments Liz Thrash, Director of Personal Shopping at Highland Park Village.
That’s right. You could actually win a brand-new Lexus UX with the purchase of a raffle ticket. Another highlight is that all proceeds from the raffle benefit the Baylor Scott & White Irving Foundation.
We haven’t really boasted too much about the culinary spread the past couple of years, but we have some of the tastiest food and curated sips to keep you fueled all day long. Here are your options by ticket level:
- VIP: Complimentary bites from 20 different restaurants including LAW, Dallas Chop House, KAI, Wild Salsa, and more, and various crafted beverages.
- GA: Access to the Mercedes-Benz Beer Garden, the Captain’s Lounge, and food options from our food truck fleet (see below).
- Showfield Access Only: An assortment of general beverages and access to food trucks from Texas de Brazil, Fast Furious Grill, BellaTrino Pizzeria, SoCal Tavos, Melt Ice Creams, Honey Lu’s Coffee and Pecos Pete’s Natural Tea + Soda.
Get your Groove on.
Whether your go-to dance move is the twist or the floss (or neither), we have two live stages with a variety of musical acts to keep you entertained all day long. The music selections are kid-friendly and dancing, if the music moves your soul, is 100% allowed. If dancing isn’t your thing, don’t worry because we have other acts and options on our two stages and around the concours.
Applaud our ‘Best In Show’ and ‘Best In Class’ winners.
At the end of the day, the real celebration begins as the judges enter their scores and our Concours winners are announced. All of our Collectors have taken great pride in their entries with the hopes of placing at the Supercar Showcase, so it’s important we show our support! The Awards Ceremony will begin at 3:30 and will last approximately only 30 minutes. Also, Brad Oldham Sculpture has handcrafted our Spirit of Park Place awards which are nothing short of extraordinary.
Create Your Perfect Day.
Yes, we know there’s so much going on throughout the day with two full stages, three different Concours’, a live fashion show, hat contest, Kids Zone, and well- it’s just an action-packed (should we continue?). But our Event App (free download) has our full-day schedule with the ability to actually tap and save the experiences you’re interested in most for a customized schedule. We’ll also be using the app to run our People’s Choice awards for our Club Concours and Haute Hat contests, and as a day of communication tool for any late-breaking updates (so be sure to turn your push notifications on for that day).
Now you’re fully prepared for our rain or shine event on Saturday, September 28th at the Four Seasons Dallas at Las Colinas, so we’ll see you at the Concours!