The 2014 model Year marks the introduction of a brand-new product to the Mercedes-Benz family – the 2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class. This all-new model will be the new gateway to the Mercedes-Benz brand starting at $29,900. In addition, Mercedes-Benz will release an all-new generation of the brand’s flagship model, the S-Class. Early feedback from those who have seen the new S-Class have commented that it is revolutionary in that it redefines the automobile. Finally, the redesigned E-Class family launches in the 2014 model year. An integral part of the Mercedes-Benz product portfolio, the E-Class receives an all-new design that brings a more contemporary look.
Park Place has three Mercedes-Benz dealerships in the Dallas Fort Worth area where you can receive a personal consultation and even take a test drive. Please contact any one of these dealerships to learn more.
Below please find a summary by model of what’s new for the 2014 model year.
2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class
In January of 2013 the all-new CLA-Class made a sneak-peek debut for U.S. and international press at the Mercedes-Benz ‘New Years Reception’ in Detroit. Arriving in dealerships this fall, the 2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class features a 4-door coupe design, aggressive styling, and a brand new engine mated to a 7-speed dual clutch transmission. The CLA-Class will be a critical component to expanding the scope of our brand and growing our collective business in 2013 and beyond.
Highlights of this all new model include:
– CLA250 – New 2.0L I4 (208hp, 258 lb-ft torque), turbocharged, direct injection engine
– Front Wheel Drive, 7-speed dual clutch transmission; 4MATIC available 2014
– Standard equipment includes 17” alloy wheels, dual-tip exhaust, sport suspension, MB-Tex upholstery, a three-spoke steering wheel, Bluetooth technology for hands-free calling and audio streaming, a 5.8” color display, mbrace2 and COLLISION PREVENTION ASSIST
2014 Mercedes-Benz C-Class
The 2014 Mercedes-Benz C-Class is the last model year of the W204 lifecycle. To support the C-Class Mercedes-Benz gave it the following additional equipment:
– Standard split-folding rear seats (sedan only – already standard on coupe)
– Grille painted in high-gloss black (sedan and coupe)
– 18″ 5-spoke wheels standard on all C350 (sedan and coupe)
2014 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class
The 2014 model year marks the final year of production for the C216 CL-Class. The next generation CL (C217) will launch with in the 2015 model year.
– The Premium 2 Package is standard on the CL550 4MATIC and CL63 AMG® (includes rearview camera, active multi-contour front seats with massage function and Night View Assist PLUS)
– The code for the Driver Assistance Package has been changed to 997 (formerly 266).
– The P61 – Grand Edition Package is no longer available for the 2014 model year.
2014 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class
With sales up well over last year, it is clear that the Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class has once again re-invented the four-door coupe segment. Nonetheless, we are enhancing the model even further for Model Year 2014.
Highlights of the 2014 CLS-Class include:
– Standard COLLISION PREVENTION ASSIST
– Standard Media interface – CLS63 AMG is 100% 4MATIC®
– Exciting new AMG® “S” Model for CLS63
2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan & Wagon
The cornerstone of our brand sets yet another benchmark with the redesigned 2014 E-Class Sedan and Wagon. Boasting many all-new parts, the redesign represents one of the biggest mid-lifecycle updates Mercedes-Benz has ever made. Enhancements include:
– Exterior styling components from head to toe, featuring: sheet metal changes, new headlamp & taillamp designs, the integrated grille star on our Sport models, new wheel designs for both Sport and Luxury, and an updated paint palette.
– Interior upgrades with new components, higher quality materials, and a new array of interior color and trim choices.
– Exciting new optional equipment packages, (including the Parking Assist package on the Wagon)!
– More standard equipment, including: COLLISION PREVENTION ASSIST, Media interface, and ECO Start/Stop
Also exciting for the 2014 model year are the new engines/variants joining the illustrious E-Class line-up:
– The E250 BlueTEC® replaces the E350 BlueTEC®, and is now available in both 2WD and 4MATIC. (195 horsepower, and 369 lb.-ft. torque)
– E63 AMG® is now 100% 4MATIC®, making sure all that power meets the pavement.
– Exciting new AMG® “S” Model for E63
One of the most exciting elements of the redesign is the debut of the Mercedes-Benz Intelligent Drive Technologies featuring industry firsts such as:
– DISTRONIC PLUS with Steering Assist
– Cross Traffic Assist feature of BAS PLUS
– Enhanced Active Lane Keeping Assist
– Pedestrian Recognition feature of PRE-SAFE Brake
Nothing exemplifies our commitment to our mainstay model range more than the redesign for Model Year 2014. With the many upgrades for 2014, the E-Class is poised to maintain its position on the forefront of design, quality, and technology.
2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Coupe & Cabriolet
The successful E-Class Coupe and Cabriolet continue to build momentum for 2014 with an exciting facelift and new equipment. Highlights of the Coupe and Cabriolet range include:
– Shift lever moved to the steering column
– Electromechanical steering now on V6s as well as V8s
– New, wider range of interior and soft-top color choices
– New wheel designs
– More standard equipment, including: COLLISION PREVENTION ASSIST and Media Interface
– Exciting new optional equipment packages, including Intelligent Drive Technologies identical to Sedan & Wagon
2014 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class
Critics and customers can’t get enough of the 2nd generation GL-Class. 2014 mofel year Mercedes-benz GL-Class highlights include:
– Elimination of P02 Package
– Introduction of Heated/Cooled cup holders in Premium 1 Package
– Introduction of Palladium Silver Metallic
– Polar White replaces Arctic White
– Diamond Silver Metallic replaces Pearl Beige Metallic
2014 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class
The 2014 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class receives a few enhanced offerings to its successful character and design including:
– Introduction of heated steering wheel as a stand-alone option
– Chrome Tailgate Strip has been added to the AMG Styling and Appearance Packages
– Dolomite Brown Metallic replaces Cuprite Brown Metallic
– Parking Assistance Package has been added as a Special Order (SPC)
– Driver Assistance Package has been moved to Special Order (SPC)
2014 Mercedes-Benz G-Class
For Model Year 2014, the tried and true formula that makes the Mercedes-Benz G-Class such a huge success remains largely unchanged:
– AMG® Performance Steering Wheel will be standard on G63
– Polar White replaces Artic White
– Diamond Silver Metallic replaces Sand Beige Metallic
– Dakota Brown Metallic replaces Verde Brook Metallic
2014 Mercedes-Benz M-Class
Enhancements to the MY14 M-Class include: – Introduction of the ML250 BlueTEC 4MATIC® – a four cylinder twin-turbocharged diesel that replaces the ML350 BlueTEC 4MATIC® – Introduction of Sport Styling Package (previously only available on ML550) on ML250 BlueTEC and ML350 – Introduction of Heated/Cooled cup holders as a stand-alone option. – Introduction of Parking Assist Package which includes the Surround View Camera System and PARKTRONIC – Polar White replaces Arctic White – Diamond Silver Metallic replaces Pearl Beige Metallic
2014 Mercedes-Benz S-Class
Mercedes-Benz is thrilled to introduce the all-new, completely redesigned Mercedes-Benz flagship, the 2014 Mercedes-Benz S-Class. The V222 S-Class will reaffirm our pinnacle position within the automotive industry with its cutting-edge technological innovations, safety.
2014 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class
As the SL-Class was completely redesigned in MY13, there are limited changes for the second year of its lifecycle in MY14 including:
– Cardinal Red Metallic replaces Pearl Beige Metallic
– Addition of Polar White
– Analog dash top clock (code 246) is now standard on the SL550
– The code for the Driver Assistance Package has been changed to 997 (formerly 266)
2014 Mercedes-Benz SLK
The 2014 SLK roadster takes driving pleasure and open-air enjoyment to the next level by blending nimble handling with stylish comfort, striking sports-car design, top performance and exemplary efficiency
2014 model year product changes for the SLK include:
– Color instrument cluster display
– Polar White replaces Arctic White
– Cardinal Red Metallic replaces Silver Mist Metallic
2014 Mercedes-Benz AMG®
The E63 AMG® features a significant redesign, increased power, and the addition of standard 4MATIC® for all models. Beneath the new sheet metal, the M157 5.5-liter Biturbo receives a power increase to 550hp & 531 lb/ft of torque and delivers 0-60 mph in a staggering 3.6 seconds.
For those customers looking for even more power, the new E63 S-Model 4MATIC® (replacing Performance Package) is available in both sedan and wagon (offered as S Model only). The E63 AMG S-Model boasts 577hp & 590 lb/ft of torque, accelerating from 0 to 60mph in an estimated 3.5 seconds. This new staggering level of performance makes the E63 S-Model quicker from than every car currently offered by Audi, BMW and Lexus! Additionally, the MY14 CLS63 AMG now features 4MATIC as standard and the addition of the 577hp S Model 4MATIC® to the lineup.
The C63 for 2014 lineup now includes the Edition 507 coupe and sedan (replacing the P31 Development Package). The Edition 507 produces a mighty 507hp and 450 lb/ft of torque for 0-60 performance in just 4.1 seconds. Additionally, the Edition 507 debuts two new interior designs,
Mercedes-Benz mbrace® and Mercedes-Benz Apps
mbrace® remains standard equipment on all model lines. The new S-Class will now offer Mercedes-Benz Apps. The CL-Class is the last model line without Mercedes-Benz Apps, until next year. MSRP continues to include 6 months of mbrace, as well as 3-month trials for mbrace PLUS and Mercedes-Benz Apps. Over the course of the year the number of Apps will expand, including the addition of some popular streaming music/talk services. More specific details will be released in advance of their introductions.
ECO Start/Stop Function
Many 2014 model year vehicles will add the ECO Start/Stop functionality you already know from select 2012 model year and 2013 model year models, namely the CLA (all variants), E-Class (all variants including sedan, wagon, coupe, and convertible), CLS (all variants), and S-Class (all variants). The Mercedes-Benz ML250 BlueTEC and ML63 AMG® as well as the GL63 AMG® will also receive this feature.