Last week, CEO Mike Flewitt announced a new member of the McLaren Ultimate Series family: an open cockpit roadster that yes, we are already ready to test drive.
We don’t know too much about this reveal, but from what’s been shared McLaren is clearly continuing their mission to create the ultimate driving machine- and this new roadster offers the purest driving experience to date.
Their last few releases included the McLaren Senna, the 600LT and 600LT Coupe, and the New Grand Tourer, all of which have caused waves in the supercar community. Earlier this year Park Place told the story of McLaren enthusiast and owner, Josh Snowhorn, as he took delivery of his barely-street legal McLaren Senna- a sibling in the Ultimate Series. As we sit eagerly awaiting his track-ready creation, this ultimate roadster is now top of mind as McLaren hasn’t released full details yet.
What We Know:
- McLaren’s Ultimate Roadster is set to debut in 2020
- the new ultimate series model is still unnamed
- the design will be distinct from its siblings, the Senna and Speedtail
- production is limited to 399
- two-seater with low-profile dihedral doors
- this roadster will sport the lowest kerb weight of any McLaren road car
- performance guaranteed by the same twin-turbo V* engine in the Senna
One things for sure and Mike Flewitt said it best “At McLaren Automotive we are consistently pushing the boundaries to deliver the purest and most engaging driving experience whether for the road or track.”
So the next thing to do is sit back, relax, and begin to configure your dream superseries roadster until it’s official reveal in 2020. Until then, stay tuned to McLaren Dallas and McLaren Houston for more information.